And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together … but encouraging one another (HEB 10:24-25)
The Pastoral Council provides consultation to the pastor in developing and making known the parish mission, vision, priorities, plans, and promotes communication within the parish and diocese. The council commissions and committees provide specific focus in the Church’s various ministries and are accountable to the council and the pastor. Although members are appointed primarily for their expertise, the spirit behind council, commissions and committees must always be in the spirit of the Gospel. Within the Diocese of Saginaw, all parishes must have a parish council and may not be dissolved without the Bishop’s approval.
Membership: Council membership is a ministry that is a response to the Lord’s call, that is for the sake of others, not oneself, and is arrived at through the process of discernment. We ask that council members commit to three year terms and help serve as liaisons with a commission or committee.
- Providing the statement of the parish mission and plan for the pastoral care of the community.
- Pursue opportunities for sharing ministerial services with neighboring parishes.
- Reviewing and recommending an overall parish budget and quarterly monitoring.
- Develop and maintain the operating discipline for the parish council foundation documents, i.e. by-laws, annual reports to the parish, project charter reviews, commission and committee self-evaluations, and general parish communication, survey, and feedback methods.
- Provide commission and committee feedback on their objectives, goals and performance.
Current Pastoral Council Members:
Pat Benner (President)- 600-9339
Judy Oberloier (Vice President)
Jim Weisbrodt (Finance Liaison)
Kathy Ranck (Worship Liaison & Secretary)
Marybeth Stuart (Education & Evangelization Liaison)
Annie Stube (Christian Service Liaison)