Oh, God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry; when I have work, help me to remember the jobless; when I have a warm home, help me to remember the homeless; When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer; And remembering, Help me to destroy my complacency and bestir my compassion. Make me concerned enough to help, by word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted.
To bring the healing hand of Christ to those in need, the prophetic voice of the prophets to those in power, and the Gospel message of love, justice, and peace to an often suffering world.
Our Lady of Grace Christian Service Commission coordinates the efforts of the parish to serve those with needs, to advocate for social justice and to educate the parish in the social teachings of the Church.
Our Membership is made up of Representatives of Various Working Groups:
- Rosemary Lancaster, Chairperson
- Fr. Dan Fox, Pastor
- Ken Lancaster, Handy Helpers Liaison
- Kathy Nogaski, Midland County Pantry Coordinator & Secretary
- Kathy Ranck, Women's Guild Liaison and Pastoral Council Liaison
- Marybeth Stuart, Education Liaison
- Anne Stube
- Rita Wilcox, Gladwin County Pantry Coordinator
- Donna Wissmueller, Parish Health Liaison
Roles and Relationships
Our Christian Service Commission provides direction and coordination for social ministry efforts of the parish. Some groups and services under the umbrella of social ministry include:
- Emergency Need Referrals
- Home/Hospital Visitation
- Inter-Parish Hospitality
- Outreach to the Poor
- Outreach to the Elderly
- Respect Life Activities
- Peace & Justice Initiatives
- Information for Healthy Lives