RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION FOR ADULTS
We are happy to share our faith with others. If you are interested in becoming Catholic or learning more about the Roman Catholic faith, please call Deb or Marybeth at the Parish Office: 687-5657 ext. 4
Classes will start September 10, 2019. 2019-20 Calendar
The RCIA Process
The RCIA process has several distinct stages.
- Inquiry: the initial period before you decide to enter the Catholic Church. You're asking questions and checking it out, but aren't yet ready to commit.
- Catechumenate: those who decide to enter the Church and are being trained for a life in Christ are called catechumens, an ancient name from the early Church. In this stage, you're developing your faith and are being "catechized" — learning catechism, or the basic points about Catholic faith and life.
- Purification and preparation: The Church will help you focus and intensify your faith as you prepare to commit your life to Christ and be received into the Church at Easter. If you're following the RCIA process, you'll go through a beautiful series of Gospel-based meditations during Lent, which is the time frame of this period.
- Initiation itself, is the culmination of the whole process! You're received into the Church during the Easter Vigil Mass, where you'll receive the sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. (If you've already been baptized, you won't be baptized again.)
- Mystagogy: after reception into the Church at Easter, this period lets you reflect and learn more about the mysteries of the Mass and the Sacraments that you now participate in fully.